Labels

Friday 6 July 2012

Feeling Small...

I've had a few moments recently, where I don't quite feel big enough for the shoes I have to fit. They're the shoes of the world, large, looming, and all around me people are trying them on and running off into their sunset... I'm left feeling a little like Cinderella.
Rationally, I know God has things in control. I know he's got my 'glass slipper' so to speak, and whilst it may not be conventional (of course it won't be, as we're called to live in the world but not to be of the world) my calling lies ahead of me like concrete.
But in this world?! In this life?
I feel like when the next challenge will be presented, far from rising to it, I'll try to lean on my own strength and crumble. I'm not as confident as other people, not as out-going, not as beautiful or headstrong, determined or thrill-seeking...
And yet when these doubts were running havoc in my mind, God comforted me by reminding me that I am just a seed.
And seeds are tiny. Am I right?
I may be small, seemingly insignificant, seemingly trodden on, pushed into the ground... but one day that seed will rise up into a tree.
But not by my own strength.
A seed cannot feed itself no matter how hard it tries, all it can do is spread it's roots far enough to catch the goodness from the other things that can. For some people that may be the world, fashion, a new pair of shoes, a sport they excell in, praise from someone they admire... but for me it will be God. God's spirit will feed me, his word will water me, he will pour sunshine down onto me until I shoot upwards into the destiny into which I was called, up into the world and then through this world into the next.
Frankly, I can't wait.

Inspiration taken from: 'I am a Seed' by David Crowder...

3 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean here.
    Sometimes I feel like my 'shoes' are too small for my feet, and I'm just dying for adventure and new experiences, but once I actually get out in the world, I have to work super hard to get past the initial intimidation.
    It is so good to be able to rely on God for guidance in both situations! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO TRUE!
    But would just like to add something (okay so this is my opinion but I believe it to be truth)
    You ARE confident - you're confidence is not the loud confidence that everyone realises - it's a quiet confidence built upon you're faith that you are loved by God and you're ability to spread his love.
    You ARE beautiful - inside and out - seriously.
    You ARE determined - it's your quiet determination which glows from within you - an amazing inner strength that I admire so SO much.
    So yes, I completely agree, you are not of this world - so naturally you don't always fit - but you are Heavenly heavenly blessed with incredible qualities which shine from within! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thank you Abbie!! You're too kind. :) I wasn't saying I'm not, just that I'm... not AS, if you see what I'm saying. :) Yes Audrey- Relying on God is so key, glad you can relate!!

    ReplyDelete