Labels

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Reconstruction of Inspiration


This Inspiration Board took some putting back together I can tell you! If it looks a bit busy- it's because it is! I thought I'd post it's journey because that, as well as all the things stuck to it, was quite helpful in spurring on my previously dormant creative juices! It lies in the corridor in my house, and was looking quite doleful for a few weeks, begging me to help restore it to it's former glory. I did. It took a lot of work, a lot of scrounging for pins that fell behind a large and awkwardly placed basket, a lot of patience when things stubbornly fell off- but it was worth it. The result just screams ideas:

- A special style of skirt I would like to make.
- A font to try and mimic
- An emotion to attempt to express
- Something to write a story about (a train ticket/ joy/ cupcake wrappers)
- Some photography ideas...
- A material to experiment with

So if you haven't one already, I'd grab a pin board from somewhere and start pinning! It helps provide inspiration for the moments you're incredibly stuck. (Besides being a great place to shove something when it looks suspiciously too much like clutter to keep, but too pretty to throw away.:)
Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea!! I think I even have a old pinboard that i could repurpose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I thought about doing it a couple of years ago, but I completely forgot! Thanks for the wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this board :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiration boards are the best. I keep adding things over the year

    ReplyDelete